Good People

1:10 AM

In last two years I watch television rarely. I guess, slowly I turn to be television haters. In my opinion, most of the show on Indonesian television are rubbish and poor me, I have no tv cable at home. So I have no alternative choice about what to watch when turn on the television. So I decide to turn off the television.

Indonesian and all its problems. The government with their arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity. Those cheap soap opera, with nonsense drama, typical story and character. Cheap soap opera which only know how to sell tears. Channel A "Woman - slap - tears", Channel B "Woman - slap - tears", Channel C the same. LAME! The never ending investigation on those corruption issue. The inhumane terrorism. Brainless FPI. Jakarta and its acute problem; traffic jam. And so on and so on.

I'm sick of those all already. So, in last two years I prefer to turn off my television more. I only turn it on when I got bored and nothing to do, with a hope finding something interesting on it like good box office movies. Matter talkshow about matter social issue. And if no, I prefer to listen to the radio or find any update on twitter instead.

Down here I give you a song I listen to lately and pretty describing the reason on hating television. It's Good People from Jack Johnson, too bad he didn't make any music video for the song, so I give you this video, his live performance at Glastonbury 2010, I take it from TerpMusic's channel.




You win
It's your show, now
So what's it gonna be
'Cause people
Will tune in
How many train wrecks do we need to see?
Before we lose touch of
We thought this was low
It's bad getting worse so

[Chorus:]
Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows
Where'd all the good people go?
We got heaps and heaps of what we sow

They got this and that and
With a rattle a tat
Testing one two,
Now what you gonna do?
Bad news, misused,
Got too much to lose
Gimme some truth
Now whose side are we on?
Whatever you say
Turn on the boob tube
I'm in the mood to obey
So lead me astray by the way, now

Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows
Where'd all the good people go?
We got heaps and heaps of what we sow

Sitting round feeling far away
So far away but I can feel the debris
Can you feel it?
You interrupt me from a friendly conversation
To tell me how great its all gonna be
You might notice some hesitation
'Cause it's important to you, it's not important to me
Way down by the edge of your reasons
It's beginning to show
And all I really wanna know is...

Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows
Where'd all the good people go?
We got heaps and heaps of what we sow

They got this and that
With a rattle a tat
Testing one, two
Now what you gonna do?
Bad news, misused, give me some truth
You got too much to lose
Whose side are we on today, anyway?
OK, whatever you say.
Wrong and resolute but in the mood to obey
Station to station desensitizing the nation
Going, going, gone.

P.S. Choose your tv program wisely. Better affect yourself with good useful show or just choose cartoon movie only for total fun instead of all those bad news or dirty politics.
And another recommendation on songs about television and its bad influence, try to listen to the song from Tika and the Dissidents, Polpot. Or The Trees and The Wild, The Noble Savage.


Cheers and Beer,
Lisnaadwi

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I am not a couch potato or sth.. but.. I'd love to enjoy everything on TV with my mom and dad while talking about things and stuff happened recently and.. That's lovely moment. Hahaha.

    Besides, I can keep my eyes on TV when my dad or mom starts to nag at me. That's pretty good distraction. They will stop by any chance. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in your case, it's more about the quality time with your family instead of about the television itself, right?

      Delete

Instagram

Subscribe