Festival Kesenian Yogyakarta

6:48 PM

Hello.

First of all, I'm sorry for some of my latest posts, I had to wrote it in Bahasa Indonesia, I try to translate it to English, but I feel it lose it senses. It's better and sweeter and more touchy in Bahasa. So sorry if some of you read them and don't understand. :p

This time I'd like to write about my favorite city in Indonesia, Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta or Jogjakarta actually the same, just the matter of old ortograph and the modern one. Jogja (the short call for Yogyakarta/Jogjakarta) is one of the biggest and busiest city in Indonesia. Busy for it tourism business. Lots of tourist visits this city. It became the second most visited and favorited by foreign people, after Bali. It became my favorite city too because of its atmosphere. Some people call it as the city of student. But I prefer to call this lovely city as the city of art and culture. The city where art and culture never sleep and got special place and concern from all the people there, including the local government. There will always cultural event held in Jogja every month or even every week. Jogja sticks to Javanese culture so no wonder once you are in Jogja, you'll find many event as a celebration of any holy day.

That's why I always have reason to come to Jogja again and again. And it's never bored me. I always find something fun everytime I was there. Down here, one of my experience in Jogja. I came there with my mom and I find that there's art exhibition at Malioboro street (Jogja's tourists, shopping, entertainment, and culture hub). The event named Festival Kesenian Yogyakarta (Yogyakarta Art Festival). The exhibition, like most of exhibition at Malioboro, happening on the street. Along Malioboro street, I can see many art installation and statue made by local artists. And on this exhibition, most of the works are statue or sculpture.

Here are some pictures of the exhibition. For the artists, I'm so sorry for my negligence, I lose the file that consists the name of the art works and the artists. So sorry, I didn't mention your name here. And by the way, I came to visit this exhibition on June 2012. So, YES! this is super late post about the exhibition. I just feel I owe this post, so it's better late than never post it. :p

Or for any of my reader, if any of you know about the works and the artist, please mention on the comment box. I will help me, too. Thanks before :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Cheers and Beer,
Lisnaadwi

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Instagram

Subscribe