Namaste, Universe.

1:23 AM

A good movie is the one that could give an impact to you and your life. I just watched this movie titled Arisan! 2. This is a good movie from Nia Dinata. A movie about a girl named Meimei that had cancer but keep quiet from her friends because she doesn't want to make them worry. She lives in an island, there she goes for therapy with a (I don't know what to name it) tabib (Tom), a Buddhist. Buddhism is famous with its teachings: living in peace. And having many ways of meditation. Meimei take the therapy and do the meditation and learn from her tabib how to live in peace. Really a touchy movie. And with flavor of the socialites' life here and there, just make this movie more fun (and pain) to watch.

One thing that stuck in my mind from this movie was the moment Tom talk to Meimei, he told Meimei when he gives the healing therapy for his patience, he prays to God and when he prays he doesn't ask for something. He prays to thank God for what he got. Just like Meimei in the movie, the moment I hear that, I was like slapped in the face. That's what we do most of the time. We pray to God to ask for something, ask for healthiness, happiness, wealth, and so on. The next moment, just like Meimei too, I decide to change that habit. Being thankful could give peaceful because it means you not only praise God but also praise yourself.

And it also remind me of one line from a book of Rahne Putri titled Sadgenic. "Jika semua doa kita dikabulkan Tuhan, apakah kita siap? (If all our prayers were granted by God, are we ready?)".

So now,
I try to stop, stopping the "Pray to God to ask for something" Then I learn, learning the "Pray to God to listen, to feel, to be thankful for what given to me"

Namaste, Universe

Hope this post could give something. Thanks for stopping by and read this. Your comments are welcomed.


Cheers and Beer,
Lisnaadwi

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort
    of clever work and coverage! Keep up the good
    works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.
    Feel free to surf my website seo company brevard county fl

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Subscribe